Friday 26 October 2012

Let's Get Started, Shall We?

Hiya people!

    So my name is Sarah Collie and I am a grade 12 student from Sir Wilfrid Laurier Secondary School, and this blog is a class project. The course is writers craft, and the task is to carefully construct our thoughts. Our teacher is trying to keep us 'hip' by letting us write and essentially express on a medium other than lined paper. Now unlike other blogs out there this is not a stream of consciousness project, not a 'brain dump bin' but a well crafted log of our thoughts.
     Now, why liquid wisdom? Tea. I am a down and out tea addict. I drink minimum three cups of tea a day with my record being eight. I can't get enough of the stuff. So because the best type of blogs are themed ones, I figure why not write about stuff I'm passionate about.
      So I'm not sure how long this little arrangement will go on for. Currently I have a lot of ideas for entries but as many of you know, opinions change over time. I'm not saying I'll suddenly hate tea (that will never happen) but my opinions for posts may change. Basically this blog's expiration date is whenever I run out of ideas.
     I can't promise right this instant what the content will be. I'm thinking reviews, famous quotes, tea related anecdotes and just opinions in general. Also apparently I'll be assigned some class projects so those might not be relative at all to the theme. We'll see I guess.
      I look forward to sharing my liquid induced wisdom with you.

-Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah!
    What an interesting theme! You mentioned in one of your earlier posts that you are a bit worried about the specificity of your topic. I have a feeling that you are not going to have any problems filling the space. You have posted some great commentary on tea.
    The multi-dimensional tea drinker absolutely has "one up" on the common, compulsively caffeine-buzzed, coffee consumer!

    Think of the possiblities. You can writeabout everything from the Mad Hatter Tea Party, Boston Tea Party, Teahhouse of the August Moon, Canadian band -The Tea Party, the Wedgewood teacup, the teacup ride at the Ex. the teacup chihuahua (a pocketsize dog) right up to the current medical advantages to drinking tea.

    I am pretty sure Coronation Street (longest running Soap Opera from Britain) would not be running if each character didn't have to pour a cup of tea before every single line on the show :) Did you know that the toughest sacrifice WWII civilans in England made was to ration their tea for nine months. I think they couldn't have it at all?

    Check out the Great Debaters show (Coffee vs. Tea)http://www.cbc.ca/player/Radio/The+Debaters/The+Debaters+on+TV/ID/2172203162/

    Keep it up Sarah! M Morton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ms. Morton! Those are really great suggestions that I honestly never thought about. I'll definetly have to look into those. I especially like the Mad Hatter topic that could be fun. Thanks for the encouragement!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete